07 August 2011

Gym: 7 August

It's been a hella long time since I was last in the gym, it seems! I haven't done a great deal outside of the gym, either--just bicycling and snorkeling, once each. In general, at least, I'm a bit more active by bicycling to and from work each day. But it's Ramadan, and the idea of fasting makes me ravenous, so I've been eating even more--but less often, which isn't really the way to go.

At least I have cut back on my latte intake. And at least I have been a little bit active--it's an improvement from nothing at all! Tiny steps.

Keeping that in mind, today I had something of a light workout.

I warmed up on the stationary bicycle for 10 minutes at what initially was a nice intensity but quickly became drudgery. Probably because during Ramadan, I cannot drink water in public, and my office is encased in glass.

Abandoning the aerobics, I did 2 sets of 12 reps each of low rows with 40 kilograms (about 88 pounds). Then I thought that it was too easy and did a third set of 12 reps.

On the pec machine, I did 2 sets of 12 reps with 40 kilograms. My muscles weren't happy with me on that one.

By the time I got to the shoulder press, my muscles were unhappy with the activity they weren't used to doing anymore. So I did 1 set of 10 reps at 30 kilograms (about 66 pounds).

I finished off the workout with 2 sets of 10 reps of plank walks.

I think it was about 30 minutes, all told. Tomorrow night, I have a yoga appointment with a friend. Gotta keep it movin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment