08 August 2011

Gym: 8 August

Continuing on my theme of "short workouts are better than no workouts," I went to the gym for lunch again today. I can tell that my arms will be sore from yesterday's workout, but it does usually take two days to feel the full burn. I spent less time on weightlifting and more time on the bike, anyhow.

I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike: my average heart rate was 147 beats per minute with a high of 163 and my average speed was 27.96 kilometers per hour (or 17.37 miles per hour). Not bad, I think, considering that my resting heart rate falls below 60 bpm and I kept slowing down on the bike today.

After bicycling (and rehydrating--in the middle of the day during Ramadan, even!), I decided to hit the lat pulldown machine. I hadn't been able to recall the weight I had used the last time (it had been so long!), and feeling that the machine was a familiar friend, I decided to stick the little pin under the 60 kilogram plate. Yup, 132 pounds. That's about 15 pounds more than I ever did in DC, even, and of course I didn't figure that out until after the fact. And yet, I struggled out 2 sets of 10 reps each, although the last few reps in the second set were, well, weak. Looking back, the last time I used the machine, I had done 50 kilograms (110 pounds)--not very different, but I remember that being a struggle!

I decided to call it quits after that and stretched my gluts, hamstring, quads, and more hamstring for 5 minutes. I will be going to yoga tonight, also--that'll work the abs that desperately need that help!

No comments:

Post a Comment