05 August 2011

Snorkeling: 4 August



For my birthday yesterday, I treated myself to a snorkeling adventure that's organized every Thursday from the campus marina. About 16 of us went out to this awesome, really long reef somewhere in the Red Sea and hopped in to swim around. I don't have a protective underwater case for my camera, so I don't have any photos of fun coral or fish. Which would have been nice, because I'm not conscious enough in the mornings to remember to put contacts on for such an outing and I couldn't wear glasses with the snorkel mask--I was pretty damn well blind unless I was right up next to coral and fish. Next time I go snorkeling, I'll definitely remember the contacts. It was still awesome, and I was exhausted afterward. I think I might have been out for an hour or an hour and a half of swimming.

In the photo above, you can see waves break against the reef and the bright blue patches of water where the reef is.

No comments:

Post a Comment