22 September 2011

Cycling: 22 September

Today was Car Free Day in DC. (I want that to be hyphenated, because otherwise there's uncertainty in its meaning, but they don't hyphenate, so I won't either. Sigh.) I got my disc brake fixed on Tuesday, so it's a perfect time to get outside and be car-free!

I biked perhaps 11 or so miles over the course of an hour (split up in three sections). I finally got the iMapMyFitness iPhone app to work with GPS--apparently, I had a setting on somewhere that disallowed it access to GPS.

So, day 2 of my attempt to get back in shape is at least a success! I biked the length of time I planned, got dehydrated, and ate healthy-ish. I'm feeling sore from yesterday's workout (shoulders, arms, those muscles directly under your butt), and I'm terribly happy about it.

Tomorrow may be a challenge: I have paid work from 9 to 3, followed by a 4 to 5 walk-through of the DC State Fair area, and a birthday party in the evening. Before the birthday party is, of course, the time I will need to do the exercising thing. I'm feeling good about the routine at the moment--let's hope I feel the same tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment