27 November 2011

Gym: 27 November

I have plenty of excuses for not having exercised for the past two and a half weeks. I had a lot of hours at my two jobs, I caught the boy's crazy illness that knocked me out for more than a week, and then Thanksgiving. But really, excuses are just that: excuses. They aren't really reasons.

Not having reasons not to go to the gym isn't enough to get me there--I need reasons to go to the gym, or at least some peer pressure. So today, after brunch, more work, and a nice wander around, my boy and I got ready to go to the gym. He got distracted, and I ended up heading over there to watch Netflix on my phone while riding the bike for 57 minutes on a Random Hill program. The bike said I made it 19.31 miles with an average revolutions per minute of 87 (I try to keep it between 95 and 105, but some of those hills were steep--and after the first 40 minutes, my legs started kind of seizing a bit) and an average heart rate of 123 (I didn't really measure my heart rate much), for a grand total of a machine-estimated 525 calories burned.

I didn't do any weight training this time--I thought an hour on the bike was enough. I'll do less bike time and some weights at my next visit this week.

2 comments:

  1. I also need to go gym because my weight is over
    286 lbs and i want to loss my weight, hope i will
    be drop my maximum weight in a short period.
    chino hills weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid soda, diet soda and flavored juices,
    Walk is great to increase metabolism, do walk for 30 minutes daily,
    Do take whole grains, beans, vegetables and fruits more in your diet meals...

    Dublin Bootcamp

    ReplyDelete