16 January 2012

Gym: 16 January

I went to the gym this afternoon with David, after a long day of baking and cooking (french toast and veggie sausage gravy over homemade buttermilk biscuits followed by tests of my veggie Shepherd's Quiche recipe).

Because I had a meeting at 5 tonight, I spent only 25 minutes on the stationary bike (8.15 miles, 86 average revolutions per minutes, 176 calories burned). I then did 3 sets with 10 reps of back crunch things, with the second set using a nearby 10 pound weight. After, I did 2 sets of 12 reps at 120 pounds of lat pulldowns.

Then, I wandered around aimlessly, attempting to find another machine I wanted to use. Unfortunately, squatters had proliferated throughout the gym--each machine I decided I wanted to try had a random dude just sitting on it. Not using it. Just sitting there. I wandered the gym three times--same dudes, not using the machines, just chillin' out on 'em.

Fed up, I wandered out of the door.

I just got an e-mail from my old gym (y'know, trying to get me to join again). It's two miles downtown (the only location in DC), but I might actually go there if it means I can avoid the unmitigated doucheyness of the people who go to the gym near my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment