18 January 2012

Gym: 18 January

I went to the gym earlier this morning. Luckily, it's a regular work day, not a holiday, so there were much fewer people there at 9 AM.

I arrived a bit earlier than 9:30, when the cardio kickboxing class I wanted to take started, and spent 5 minutes warming up on the bike, going 2 miles on an Alpine Hill program. I usually use Random Hill, but I wanted to try something different. The sharp peaks and rests in the Alpine Hill program might make it my new default!

The hour-long cardio kickboxing class was killer. After a few dozen kicks with one leg, I was more just shaking it a little than lifting and kicking. I know how to punch--but not dozens of punches in a row.

If I ever went up against Xena and she just blocked all of my attacks, I'd wear myself out in about 5 minutes. Then again, I wouldn't be worrying about combination attacks--I'd be looking for some sort of heavy blunt object. Oh, how I miss brawling!

No comments:

Post a Comment