21 January 2012

Gym: 21 January

Today was a nice, relaxing day. It started with seeing a friend out at 1 am after a fun night of hanging and drinking coffee. We slept in until 10:30, I transplanted a few dozen seedlings into little plastic shotglasses while David worked on something for work, and then we headed to the gym.

I spent 45 minutes on a trainer in the spin room because the 4 less-professional stationary bikes I prefer were all in use. Half of the trainers in the spin room are hooked up to generate electricity--I made only 45.7 watt-hours while on the bike. David, who spent a little over an hour on the one next to me, reached 200 or so watt-hours. He is able to push himself harder than I do. That's why I like the random hill programs--I work harder that way.

I got off the bike after the TV show I was watching on Netflix on my phone ended and headed out to lift weights. Or, rather, use some machines.

I did my favourite lat pulldowns, 3 sets with 12 reps at 120 pounds (the third set was only 10 reps, with a break between the first 6 and the last 4--I am pushing myself to get better, and I am.

Then I did 2 sets with 8 reps at 100 pounds of chest presses, followed by 3 sets with 10 reps of back crunch things, without additional weight. Adding an extra set would be challenging enough, I thought. Next, if I remember, I'll increase the reps too.

After that, I wentto see if David wanted to practice quadrupedal movement (crawling) in one of the free classrooms, but he was still cycling, so I went to the shoulder press machine. I did 2 sets with 10 reps--the first was at 70 pounds, the second at 50, and even then, I paused after the first 7 reps. I thought about doing something else--perhaps ab-related--but I was (am) wiped. And hungry. So now it's dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment