03 February 2012

Cycling and Gym: 3 February

I did a twofer again today--I biked downtown to a gym to work out with David during his lunch break, and I biked back home. I got 5.46 miles in around town, round-trip:





At the gym, I pedaled 35 minutes, working off an estimated 325 calories and cycling 9.25 miles using a random hill program at kind of a medium resistance setting.

While David was still on the bicycle, I went to the weight-lifting area and did a few lat pulldowns: 2 sets with 12 reps at 120 pounds. Then I went to the chest press machine and did 2 sets with 12 reps at 95 pounds. Then I found one of the back-crunch-thingummybobs and did 2 sets with 12 reps holding a 10-pound weight. Then I was about done. I'm pretty sure I should up my sets or weights with the lat pulldowns and chest presses, but AT&T reception was horrid in that location--I couldn't check the stats from the last time I did these exercises. Next time, I'll try to remember to add a full set of lat pulldowns, but with 10 reps each, and ditto for the chest presses.

I'm happy to report that this particular location (which I've never been to) was at least okay--the bike wasn't broken, the machines weren't being hogged by squatters, and the lunch-time crowd was light.

No comments:

Post a Comment