07 February 2012

Gym: 7 February

After Saturday's adventure uphill and in the rain, I took a little break from exercising. Leg muscles I barely use were sore, and I just wanted to relax for a little bit.

Plus, I had catering orders to fill on Sunday, and yesterday was spent catching up on reading and writing I had put off during the weekend. I have plenty of Excuses.

Recognizing that, and the feeling of not wanting to go to the gym today, I got my butt over there.

It's not just psychological, however--my body really didn't want to be working. I feel drained, a bit. It could be my renewed calorie-tracking kick and my body adjusting to a new nutrient profile, or it could be that I'm starting to get sick. I did feel a bit woozy yesterday and was coughing a little bit.

I did get 30 minutes on the stationary bike (I definitely would have had a better workout on it if I hadn't had to get off and move it a few times so it was level on the floor--it kept rocking side-to-side like a defective child's rocking horse) and some weight lifting: 2 sets with 10 reps at 120 pounds of lat pulldowns, with an attempted third set that only got up to 5 reps; 2 sets with 10 reps at 90 pounds of chest presses, again with an attempted third set that only got up to 5 reps; and 2 sets with 10 reps and a 10-pound weight of back crunch things.

I'm sitting in a coffee shop across the street from the gym, arm and leg muscles twitching and feeling like they aren't working quite right--but I know what I did at the gym today isn't even close to pushing myself hard. I want to go to the cardio kickboxing class tomorrow morning--so I hope I start feeling a little more together by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment