21 April 2015

Gym: 21 April

My goal with the run today was to decrease rest time but maintain "rest" speed and run speed, to bump up distance run in the same amount of time. But I was panting hard after the first few rounds, so I chilled out for a little then picked it back up at the end. If you do the math, my average speed was better when I had a longer rest period. It's hard to draw conclusions, however, since that first run was only 20 minutes plus cooldown, and this was 30 minutes plus cooldown. I'll have to keep track of distance, time, and average speed to help figure out the best rest/run interval for me.

Running on the treadmill, 35 minutes. Total 2.25 miles with an average speed of only 3.8 miles per hour.

First 12 minutes: 2 minutes at 3.5 miles per hour, 1 minute at 6.5 miles per hour at a 3% incline.

Next 9 minutes: 2 minutes at 3 miles per hour, 1 minute at 4 miles per hour at a 3% incline.

Next 6 minutes: 2 minutes at 3.5 miles per hour, 1 minute at 6.5 miles per hour at a 3% incline.

Last 3 minutes: 2 minutes at 3 miles per hour, 1 minute at 4 miles per hour at a 3% incline.

Cool down, 5 minutes at 3 miles per hour.


Then 3 sets 10 reps 120 pounds lat pulldowns for good measure. At some point I'll branch out into other weight-training exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment